Getting Started Is Easy!
1. Gather your team of men & women (1 to 5 people per team), pick a team name + captain.
2. Register below and join our 10,000 Step Challenge group on Facebook. (Team captains must register on both registrations below. Participants need only register & pay on the Team Member Registration. $5 per person to register)
3. Follow along with the group page and post your daily steps!
The purpose of the challenge is to have fun and get moving! Through this shared challenge, we will create a healthier community as we move into the winter months, a new year, and a new decade. It’s about being as active as possible on a daily basis, finding creative ways to get your steps and inspiring others to get moving as well.
– Form a team with 1-5 persons
– We must have a name, email and paid registration for each participant. It’s only $5 per person to join in the fun.
– Register by January 2, 2020. Challenge ends February 1, 2020, at 12:01 am
HOW TO WIN
– Do your best to achieve 10,000 steps per day & record them.
– Be creative. Prizes are given for creativity as well as performance.
– Record your steps daily in the 10,000 Steps Challenge Facebook Group.
– Cheer on others. Prizes are awarded for the teams who are most inspirational. The FB group is your platform.
Weekly Team Prizes
– Most Creative Ways to Get your Steps
– Most Inspiring Team
For the individual closest to 10,000 steps each day and who most faithfully records their steps:
– A Wellness gift basket to help you continue your journey (valued at over $150)
For the corporation with the most teams:
– A FREE Coffee Talk brought to your workplace by the team of Mind Body Align.
WHERE TO WALK:
Richland Mall – The mall opens at 7 a.m. every day (except Christmas, Easter, and Thanksgiving) and walkers can walk any time right up until closing at 9 p.m. (6 p.m. on Sundays)
The Mansfield YMCA – Participants can use the facility at the college rate for the month or for a $5 per day guest pass.
Your local gym
On a treadmill