TikTok is the social media platform to be on today.
According to Konstruct Digital, TikTok was the 2nd most downloaded app in January 2021 and has 689 million monthly active users worldwide as of January 2021 (Oberlo, 2021). You might be thinking that TikTok is a silly and wasteful way to spend your time, but much like the other popular social media sites, criticisms like those do not stop people from using the site.
Sure, social media can be a total time waster, but check out our blog on mindful social media to learn how you can be intentional with your digital footprint. We’ve found that any social media experience is what you make of it. TikTok, for example, is a great way to disseminate focalized information in a quick and digestible way. We love to follow #Mindfulness on TikTok. In today’s busy world, sometimes a bite-sized moment of mindfulness is just the right thing. Here are some of our favorite mindfulness-based accounts right now.
- @RealJessMedina– This account has an impressive 400k followers thanks to his #VisualTherapy aesthetic. You can find well-shot, slow-motion video footage of beautiful and peaceful landscapes. Medina pairs his curated footage with melodic and calming tunes to bring the viewer right into the present moment.
- @Mindfulness1234– This account features pleasant and calm nature shots with real-world sounds on which the viewer may focus. Whether it is the trickle of the stream or the song of the birds, this account never disappoints when it comes to mindful imagery.
- @MindfulnessWorld– The clean and clear tone of this account allows you to focus on the simple word prompts and the calming tone of the voiceover narrations
- @DanielValko- This account features the lush imagery of the Pacific Northwest, which makes sense because Daniel is based in Oregon. Take a minute to watch his posts and you’ll connect with nature (and yourself) in no time!
- @IamMattWest– Matt West curates his account with muted tones and the gritty vibe of film to offer you a true captured moment of calm. We love the west coast feel and the simplicity of his account.
- @MBAwarenessProgram– Although we are new to the platform, you can still expect to find real gems on the Mind Body Align official TikTok account. Follow us for more mindfulness-focused content on TikTok and all our other platforms.
Mary Kennard is the Director of Creative Services for Mind Body Align, LLC. A Richland County, Ohio native, Mary earned a degree in Art History from Bowling Green State University in 2008, and focused on the development and support of non-profits prior to joining MBA. Always working to break down barriers, Mary strives to elevate wellness for individuals and companies, making it a part of their personal and professional cultures. Kennard oversees all opportunities for creatively engaging clients and designing fantastic educational materials for clients.