Calming the Nervous System with Box Breathing

Lead Guide: Linda Opening song: Joy by Riopy Featured poems/excerpts/breathing exercises: Today’s practice was box breathing, also known as square breathing. It is a simple stress management practice that follows a particular rhythm. In this practice, we consciously lengthen the in-breath, the out-breath, and the pauses in between, so that each portion has […]

6 Mindfulness Accounts We’re Loving on TikTok

TikTok is the social media platform to be on today.    According to Konstruct Digital, TikTok was the 2nd most downloaded app in January 2021 and has 689 million monthly active users worldwide as of January 2021 (Oberlo, 2021). You might be thinking that TikTok is a silly and wasteful way to spend your time, […]

Connect In Audio Practice 07/14/21

Please enjoy the recording of our guided mindfulness practice from July 14th, 2021. Lead guide: Caryl Opening song: Hiddensee by Ceeyse Featured poems/excerpts: Walking Slowly by Donna Faulds It only takes a reminder to breathe, a moment to be still, and just like that, something in me settles, softens, makes space for imperfection. The harsh […]

3 Ways to Be Mindful on Social Media

There is no denying the important presence of social media in our contemporary world.  Whether you love social media or you hate it, chances are you use it. Despite how you may feel, there are as many positive uses for social media as there are negative. It’s all about how you choose to use it. […]

Leaning Into Emotions With Mindfulness

To bring awareness to ones emotions mindfully

The past few months have been different. I am going to call it a time of mindful contemplation. I have been working at home, picking up groceries shopped by someone else, and connecting with very few people in person.  On the plus side, I started some new good habits. I start each day with quiet […]

5 Ways to Decrease the Stigma of Mental Health

Introduction by Annamarie Fernyak In the following blog post, Erin talks about the stigma of mental health and common biases toward people who may be suffering from mental illness. Before Erin’s thoughtful essay, I never considered that I might have biases. After reflecting on Erin’s words, I came to realize that some biases were just […]

Our Responsibility to Teach Essential Skills in the Classroom

It takes a community to raise our children! While volunteering to teach mindfulness in our local middle school, I noticed it was a struggle to get the children to focus, and there seemed to be discipline challenges. I sensed desperation in both teachers and students, which was shocking and disheartening. At that time, being in […]

Perfectionism, Rewired.

In my quest to write a perfect blog, while procrastinating with a slight fear of failing before I even get started, I will review with you a couple of ways to look at perfectionism. And perhaps through exploring those with you, I can help you and me identify some things we can both do to address […]

How Mindfulness Can Help You Explore Your Perfectionism.

[et_pb_section admin_label=”section”] [et_pb_row admin_label=”row”] [et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text”]Hello MBA Community,  This year at Mind Body Align we are embarking on an exploration into mindfulness and wholehearted living. We began the year by offering some tools for you to use in order to assess where you are at this moment. (see Annamarie’s wheel of wellbeing)  Our intention […]

Gifting for the Love Languages

According to Dr. Gary Chapman, we all have a “love tank” inside of us. When the love tank is full, we feel connected, supported, and secure. When the love tank is empty, we feel disconnected, alone, and insecure. But how do you fill someone else’s love tank? You learn what their love language is and […]