MBAwareness Educational ProgramProfessional Development Training 3-Hour Course
Our professional development training is designed to develop the basics of a personal mindfulness practice, mindful teaching, and how to teach mindful education to others.
You will also learn:
- Benefits seen in children
- A summary of research and neuroscience
- A demonstration of lessons done with children
- A description of our evidence-based in-school program
- Please read and sign our liability and photo release form here. We will be recording portions of the training. Recordings will be for future promotions and will be used in other online training. Your instructor will review our guidelines around recording at the opening of your training and set agreements for the comfort of participants. You will also be asked to acknowledge recording of the training when you sign in which will also constitute permission for liability purposes.
- This will be an interactive Zoom meeting. Please be present with your video ON in order to receive certification. Please have the most recent version of Zoom. For more information on your Zoom experience, check out “Best Tips for Using Zoom” below.
- Technology: Computer with a microphone and a camera, Printer (optional), Internet connection, Zoom (most recent version).
- Log on to your meeting 15 minutes prior to the start of the workshop for our virtual “Cafe and Conversation,” which is a great time to ask questions, connect with your fellow workshop participants, meet your facilitator, and troubleshoot any technology concerns.
- Materials needed: Dish soap (clear), water, and a notebook.
- Recommended materials: Colored pencils, crayons, or markers. You will enjoy having these things during the workshop, and we strongly encourage you to gather the items prior to the start of the training.
- In the links below, you will notice a link to your handbook that includes an agenda, resources, and various other reading materials referenced in the video. You might download and print some of the information if that is appealing to you.
Zoom Meeting Details
Access your workshop at this link
Meeting ID: 896 1463 2732
One tap mobile
+14086380968,,89614632732#,,,,,,0#,,554891# US (San Jose)
+16699006833,,89614632732#,,,,,,0#,,554891# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 896 1463 2732
Why Mindfulness Is a Superpower: An Animation
What is Mindfulness.... And What Does It Mean to You?
"Just Breathe" by Julie Bayer Salzman & Josh Salzman (Wavecrest Films)
Mind in a Jar - Planting Seeds of Mindfulness MOVIE!
Daniel Goleman: Breathing Buddies
Take your classroom to the next level.
We know teachers don’t have time to add anything to their curriculum as new mandates and objectives are added every day. We can help. Our approach to social and emotional learning uses techniques and tools that can be implemented in as little as 2-3 minutes per day. Every teacher and student should have the skills to meet each day with calm and measured focus, and eventually to a deeper level of equanimity that becomes a school and lifestyle habit for children.
Sign up today for more information on our upcoming teacher workshops. Available in-person and online. Earn up to 1 CEU.