MBAwareness Educational Program3-Hour Trauma-Sensitive Professional Development for Springmill STEM Elementary
Our professional development training is designed to develop the basics of a personal mindfulness practice, mindful teaching, and how to teach mindful education to others.
In this mindful education training, educators will build on foundational knowledge by learning the definitions and physiological effects of adversity and trauma on the brain, as it relates to development, learning, and growth.
This workshop covers current scientific research on neuroscience and how this alters the way we teach mindfulness practices to students with adverse childhood experiences (ACEs), such as poverty, abuse, and neglect. Teachers will learn to see resistance as information, negative behaviors as protective instincts, and how to identify and encourage key indicators of resilience.
You will also learn:
- The effects of trauma on the brain and body
- The definition and effects of secondary trauma
- The three myths of mindfulness
- Trauma-sensitive mindfulness practices
- Trauma-sensitive teaching practices
- Please read and sign our liability and photo release form here. We will be recording portions of the training. Recordings will be for future promotions and will be used in other online training. Your instructor will review our guidelines around recording at the opening of your training and set agreements for the comfort of participants. You will also be asked to acknowledge recording of the training when you sign in which will also constitute permission for liability purposes.
- This will be an interactive Zoom meeting. Please be present with your video on in order to receive certification. For more information on your Zoom experience, check out “Best Tips for Using Zoom” below.
- Technology: Computer with a microphone and a camera, Printer (optional), Internet connection
- Materials needed: It would be helpful for you to have a journal or another notebook to record questions, thoughts, and ideas you might have during the training. We’ve included some self-care tools in your kit that you will want to have handy. You might also want to have drawing or coloring supplies and blank paper nearby, especially if you are inclined to draw your reflections rather than journal.
- In the links below, you will notice a link to your handbook that includes resources and other reading materials referenced in the training. You might download and print some of the information if that is appealing to you.
- Liability & Photo release: Click here
- Teacher Handbook: Click Here
- Presentation Slides: Click Here
- Zoom Tips and Best Practices: Click Here
- Order Mindful Education Resources: Shop Here
- Download CEU Certificate Click Here
Zoom Meeting Login Information
Topic: 3-Hour Teacher Trauma-Sensitive Professional Development
Time: Sep 16, 2020, 10:00 AM Eastern Time
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 851 2464 5647
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,85124645647#,,,,,,0#,,3780919# US (San Jose)
+14086380968,,85124645647#,,,,,,0#,,3780919# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 851 2464 5647
Your feedback is important.
Please take a few minutes to answer our Trauma-Sensitive Mindful Education for Teachers evaluation.
Window of Tolerance Reimagined
Take your classroom to the next level.
We know teachers don’t have time to add anything to their curriculum as new mandates and objectives are added every day. We can help. Our approach to social and emotional learning uses techniques and tools that can be implemented in as little as 2-3 minutes per day. Every teacher and student should have the skills to meet each day with calm and measured focus, and eventually to a deeper level of equanimity that becomes a school and lifestyle habit for children.
Sign up today for more information on our upcoming teacher workshops. Available in-person and online. Earn 1 CEU.
©2020 Mind Body Align, LLC. All rights reserved.
20 N. Mulberry St., Mansfield, OH 44902