Information We Can Collect from You
Information you explicitly provide:
- Personal information such as name, email
- Information from Facebook such as your profile picture, Facebook ID, and gender
- Your social posts
- Your notification responses
- Device information such as your operating system and hardware used
We care about the security of your personal information. We will not sell or distribute your information, except in the circumstances as outlined below. We cannot, however, guarantee the security of your public social posts from all other users, and therefore recommend that you use your best judgement as you post on our platform. If you have any questions regarding the security of your information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Circumstances for the Disclosure of your Personal Information
- For third parties with whom we partner to provide goods and services complementary to our own for the purpose of enhancing your experience with the Align App.
- For third parties with whom we partner to distribute materials related to your use of the Align App and future products/services
- In the event that we sell or purchase any assets or business in which it is applicable to provide the personal information to the related parties
- If we are under legal obligation such as subpoena, bankruptcy proceedings, legal processes, or the safety of our companies or community (users and customers), to disclose or share your information.
By your providing your email address to us, you agree to opt-in to our email communications. As described in Section 2: Confidentiality, we may provide your personal information to our third-party communications vendors in the process. If you would like to opt-out of any of these materials, you may do so by unsubscribing through any email we send or by emailing email@example.com.
Our app is based on responses through push notifications. If you would like to turn off notifications, you may turn them off on your device.
If you report a post within our social feature, we will be notified of your profile information, the possibly-offending user’s profile information, and the social post in question. If we have any questions, we will not hesitate to reach out to you or the offending user.
We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand how our products are used and how often they are used. We may connect the information collected by our mobile analytics services to any personal information you submit within the mobile application.
Storage of your Personal Information
All information you provide us is stored on our secure servers and on your device. All notification responses made in the production app are kept locally on your device and are not seen by us. If you are using a beta version of our app, your responses are kept on our servers for quality assurance purposes.
All electronic transmissions are made through secure SSL encryption. Although we cannot protect against insecure internet connections, the connections we use to transmit data are secure. We recommend always using a secure internet connection while you use our app. If you are using an insecure internet connection, we cannot guarantee the security of the information you transmit to our servers. Regardless of internet connection, your personal responses to notifications are kept on your device and do not use any internet protocol.
We do require that you create and use a password, and we do not have access to that password once it is created. We recommend storing that password in another location in case you are ever locked out of your account.
We may periodically clear our servers of your social posts. This is due to the nature of the app to be in the present. When this happens, you will not have access to any other user’s social posts, but you will have access to your posts which are stored locally on the device.
Following termination of deactivation of your account, we may retain information regarding your use of our products and your personal information for a commercially reasonable amount of time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
Use of the social feature is at the discretion of STA Consulting, LLC and Mind Body Align, LLC. We reserve the right at any time to deny you social functionality.
You may report any post at any time as being inappropriate. Inappropriate is defined by, but not limited to having harmful intent towards other living beings, sexually-motivated intent, verbal or social abuse of another individual, or anything else at our sole discretion. If you report a social post, the post, poster’s personal information, and your personal information will be reported to Mind Body Align, LLC and STA Consulting LLC for review. We will reach out with any questions.
Posts made in the social feature are kept on our servers as defined in Section 4: Storage of your Personal Information. Your posts are kept on your device and on our servers until our servers are wiped, at which point your posts are only on your device. We cannot guarantee your posts will go away forever, however, in the case of another user saving the media through an image or video of your post, name, or profile picture before the post is removed from our servers.
Use of Align by Minors
Align does not knowingly collect or solicit information from anyone under age 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for our services. Any content we provide or host is not intended for individuals under age 13, and in the event we learn we have collected information from someone under age 13, we will delete that information within a reasonable timeframe. If you believe we may have information regarding an individual under age 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to and Deletion of Personal Information
You may access your personal information as stored on our servers by contacting email@example.com. Any information stored on your device cannot be accessed by us.
If you would like your personal information deleted from our servers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will delete that information. We recommend also deleting the Align app from your device to ensure that your information is not replaced on our servers.
We will respond to your request in a reasonable timeframe.
Uses Made of Your Information
- We use your information in the following ways:
- Ensure the content we provide is in the most effective manner for you
- Provide you with products or services related to the Align App that complement our goals
- Provide you with customer service communications
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our products
- Requests for feedback for research and product development purposes
- Details of your visits to and interactions with our products
- Allow you to utilize our services without entering your profile information with each use
- Develop and test new products and features
- Diagnose or fix technology problems
- Provide personalized content and information to you and others.
Please refer questions, comments, and requests regarding this privacy to email@example.com.
Align App’s physical address is 20 N. Mulberry St., Mansfield, OH 44902
September 25, 2017