Nourish: provide with the food or other substances necessary for growth, health, and good condition.
July is the month of Nourishing at Mind Body Align. Nourish is one of my favorite words. You can nourish your body, your mind, your spirit, a child, a friend, a friend’s child, an animal, your environment, and even the community. And, I am going to challenge you to come up with some fun ways to do just that this month.
First, grab a writing implement and piece of paper, I’ll wait.
Next, find a comfortable place to sit, lightly close your eyes and take five slow, deep, cleansing breaths. I am going to wait right here until you finish. You can even roll your shoulders or your eyes a few times before you answer the following questions:
1. How will you nourish yourself?
2. How will you nourish family and friends?
3. How will you nourish the environment?
4. How will you nourish community?
I want you to be creative, detailed and have some fun!
How can you support growth, health and good condition in each of those areas this month? I will share my answers with you so you can hold me accountable and I would love it if you shared some of yours!
I, Linda Snyder…
1. Will nourish myself by eating a healthy breakfast at least 5 days a week, listening to music when I cook, and creating 30 minutes daily for outside meditation. NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS!
2. I will nourish family and friends by actively listening, not only in person, but when on the telephone by turning off any distractions that may be present while on the call.
3. I will nourish the environment by refraining from purchasing anything made of plastic during the month of July (this includes polyester and acrylic clothing) and reducing my shower time to 5 minutes, even when I travel for work. I will sing my naked woman song while showering. (This song was created many years ago while my daughter and I were tent camping in Maine. It cost .25 cents to shower so we showered together, quickly.)
4. I will nourish my community by attending public events, exploring places I can volunteer, and purchasing goods from local establishments.
See? That’s do-able isn’t it?
Now it’s YOUR turn – please share your answers below.
Linda Snyder is a Certified Integrative Health Coach and Yoga Teacher who just downsized, along with her husband and two cats, into a 38-foot Motorhome on the West Coast of Florida. Linda enjoys being outside, dancing in the grocery store, and traveling.